April 20, 2014

What's in My Shower?


I don't know about you but I love snooping in other people's showers!
There's just something so interesting about seeing what products other people buy. I love watching these videos on YouTube, so I figured I would do it blog style. I hope you enjoy this peek into my shower!

  • Dove Cool Moisture Shampoo (left): This shampoo is my current "everyday" shampoo. I like the way this makes my hair feel washed, but not stripped. It leaves my hair very shiny and silky; plus it smells great!
  • L'Oreal Volume Filler Thickening Shampoo (middle): So far I have only used this once, so I'm speaking on first impressions here. It left my hair soft and smooth; and I also noticed my hair went about 12 hours longer than usual before looking "unwashed". 
  • Head & Shoulders Classic Clean Shampoo (right): I've used this shampoo on and off for years and I still love the results it gives me. This is marketed for those with dandruff, but it's also great for oily scalps too. During the winter time my scalp usually dries out and starts itching. This shampoo helps alleviates those symptoms and still makes my hair shiny and soft!
 

  • Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Conditioner: This is my current conditioner from Herbal Essences. I find this to be pretty good at hydrating and defrizzing my long dry hair. However, it's not mind-blowing by any means. I got this large bottle from Sam's Club and it will last only about 6 weeks. I also use this as an ingredient in a deep conditioning hair mask which I have a recipe for here on my blog.
 
 
  • Dove Sensitive Skin Bar Soap (left): This bar soap is my favorite for washing my face. I love using it with my Clarisonic to get smooth and nourished skin. It's a very gentle and creamy formula that is suitable for all skin types.
  • Neutrogena Transparent Facial Bar (right): The Neutrogena facial bar is great for people with oily skin. I usually only use this in the summer time when my skin produces more oil.
 
 
  • Equate Blemish Control Apricot Scrub: I love using this very affordable scrub about 3 times a week. Before I wash my face I take a quarter size amount in my hand and polish it all over my face. This product contains salicylic acid which works great at preventing and treating breakouts!
 
 





















  • Bath & Body Works Sheer Freesia Shower Gel (left): I'm currently using this body wash in Sheer Freesia. I've used Bath & Body Works shower gels for years and really enjoy them. This scent is a soft floral scent that got me in the mood for spring!
  • Bath & Body Works Loofa (right): I always use a loofa to wash my body. I really feel like it helps lather up the soap better and it helps gently scrub my skin to remove dead skin cells. I like the loofas from Bath & Body Works because they are made well and are slightly rougher.
  • Walmart 4 Sided Foot Brush (right): I bought this foot brush at Walmart about a year ago for 3 or 4 dollars. I really enjoy having 4 different sides to choose from depending on the level of exfoliation I need and would definitely recommend purchasing one!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  • Bic Simply Soleil Disposable Razor (left): After trying lots of different disposable razors I'm very satisfied with this one from Bic. There are 3 blades on each razor which provides a smooth shave without patches. I use my razors for 2 to 3 weeks before tossing them.
  • Skintimate Shave Gel (right): No matter which shaving cream I try, I always come back to Skintimate. The cream is thick and moisturizing and protects my skin from razor bumps and ingrown hairs. I really enjoy the Raspberry Rain scent!
 
 
  • Coconut Sugar Scrub: This is my homemade recipe for a Coconut Sugar body scrub. I love using this before I shave to sluff off the dead skin and provide a closer shave. My recipe for this scrub is here. 
 
 
  • Summer's Eve Cleansing Wash: Lastly is this cleansing wash from Summer's Eve. Let's be real...every woman should have some sort of cleansing wash in her possession. These washes are very gentle and specifically formulated for your vaginal area so they will not cause irritation; and with the discreet packaging of this bottle, there's no excuse not to try it!
 
Thank you so much for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment